Announcement of Successful Applications for the NRF – TWAS Doctoral and Renaissance Doctoral Fellowships For 2017
The National Research Foundation (NRF) and the Department of Science and Technology (DST) in partnership with the World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) are pleased to announce the provisional awards for the 2016 NRF - TWAS Doctoral (Table 2) and African Renaissance (Table 2) Doctoral Fellowships Call. The fellowships have been awarded according to the strategic objectives of the NRF - TWAS Doctoral and African Renaissance Doctoral Fellowships Funding Instrument and the recommendations of the merit review process.
- If your name is listed in the tables, you have been successful in receiving an award for 2017.
- The NRF will forward award letters to successful candidates in November 2016.
- Feedback to unsuccessful candidates will only be provided between January and March 2017 due to processing of funding outcomes for various funding instruments.
- Once you receive the Conditions of Grant (CoG), please read through the written agreement carefully, before accepting the award.
- All signed and completed documentation must be forwarded to the NRF via your University postgraduate funding office, research office or financial aid office.
- Funds will only be released once all the required documentation is completed by the applicant and received by the NRF.
- All awards are made on a provisional basis and are subject to the awardee meeting all the eligible funding instrument criteria and conditions, for acceptance of award.
Please under Documents on this page for the names of successful awardees.
We congratulate all 2017 NRF-TWAS new scholarship awardees.