The DST-NRF Conference Fund is intended to support the hosting of international conferences focused on excellent scientific research that has potential for socio-economic impact. The funding platform makes provision for strategic, large events of an international nature, hosted in South Africa, or on behalf of South Africa abroad. The fund will typically support ‘global conferences’ of more than 500 participants. Smaller events can be applied for under the KIC funding instrument of the NRF, published biannually. The overall objectives of this fund are to:
- Promote South Africa as a science destination;
- Increase the competitiveness of the South African National System of Innovation (NSI);
- Showcase South Africa’s scientific endeavours and infrastructure, and to build capacity within the NSI;
- Enhance networking within the science system;
- Foster international collaboration in order to improve the quality of research outputs by researchers.
Applications must be submitted electronically to the NRF via the NRF Online Submission System at https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za/.
Call opens: 04 April 2018
Call closes: 15 May 2018
Please note that applications submitted outside the NRF Online Submission System will not be accepted.
Knowledge Advancement and Support
Tel: +27 12 481 4298
Grants Management and Systems Administration
Tel: +27 12 481 4157