The Human and Social Dynamics funding instrument is a discipline-specific funding instrument which supports basic research in Social Science and the Humanities. The Human and Social Dynamics Funding Instrument is theme driven and will support new or existing research initiatives in the following thematic focus areas:
- Science, technology and society
- The dynamics of human and social behavior
- Social cohesion and identity
- Societal change and the evolution of modern society
These four thematic focus areas provide the basis for a structured research agenda to improve the understanding of social conditions and issues.
New applicants to the Human and Social Dynamics Funding Instrument are invited to:
- Submit applications in accordance with the strategy and eligibility criteria, as set out in the Call Framework document for funding commencing in 2018
- Submit ONLY ONE application per principal investigator. Additional applications will not be considered.
CALL CLOSES: 11 May 2018
Applications should be submitted electronically on the NRF Online Submission System at https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za
Applicants must ensure that their Curriculum Vitae are updated on the NRF Online Submission System at https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za
PLEASE NOTE: Institutions must set their own internal closing dates for DAs to validate applications.
Please direct all enquiries to:
Funding instrument related queries
Dr Sibusiso Mtshali
Director: Knowledge Advancement and Support (KAS)
Tel: 012 481 4399
NRF Online application and grants management related queries
Ms Jane Mabena
Professional Officer: Grants Management and Systems Administration (GMSA)
Tel: 012 481 4067