Dear Designated Authorities/Grantholders
This serves to inform you that the system has been opened for the submission of the 2017 Progress Reports (PRs).
Motivations for the Carry Forward of unspent funds, according to Guide for Carry Forwards, are incorporated in the financial section of the Progress Reports.
The closing dates for submission of PRs are as follows:
Extended closing date for Grantholders/Students/Fellows: 21 February 2018
Grantholders/Students/Fellows are to complete progress reports on the NRF Online Submission System using the following steps:
Log on to the NRF Online Submission System at https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za with your ID/Passport number and password or register on the NRF Online Submission System if not already registered and complete or update your CV. This is very important as an APR without a complete CV will not be considered.
After logging in please follow the steps below to complete your CV:
- Go to My Profile, then My CV and select the relevant CV section. If you don’t have any outputs, e.g. books or conference outputs, then simply ignore the section(s). Only complete the ones that apply to you.
- Update your details under My Profile - My Details – Registration Details and upload a copy of your ID document or passport. You will not be able to submit your report if this is not uploaded.
- Update your Contact Details, if necessary.
- Go to - My Progress Reports
- Select - Create Progress Report
- Select the Call you need to report on
- Click - Apply button
- Complete all the sections on the PR form (Note: All compulsory fields (*) should be completed otherwise the system will not allow you to proceed)
- Click on the Final Submit button (Note: Once the Report is submitted it may not be edited unless it was opened for amendment by the DA)
- PRs received after the closing period will not be considered.
- Grantholders have to submit all required PRs for 2017 so that NRF can release their 2018 funding, if applicable.
- For all grantholders whose equipment has been installed and operational, please complete the Excel spreadsheet provided by the NRF. The Excel spreadsheet will be found in the NRF Call Information Document Section, and must be submitted in the Attachment Section.
For queries please contact:
Ms Lynn Erasmus
Telephone: (012) 481-4042
Ms Judith Mahlanya
(For CoE and SARChI Grants)
Telephone: (012) 481-4063
Ms Zodwa Mahlangu
Telephone: (012) 481-4114
Ms Zikhona Lose
Telephone: (012) 481-4365
STARTEGIC INVESTMENTS PROJECTS
Mr Stephen Dlamini
(For European Bi-laterals and the Gulf)
Telephone: (012) 481-4037
Mr Jan Phalane
(For Asia, America and Africa Bi-laterals)
Telephone: (012) 481 4157
Ms Mpai Motsei (For equipment related grants)
Telephone: (012) 481-4078