Interested in pursuing a PhD in the Netherlands or spending some time in the Netherlands during your doctoral studies?
Join our webinar
NRF-Nuffic Doctoral Scholarships 2018
Date: Thursday 19 April 2018
Time: 14h30 – 15h30
Panelists: Ms Gugu Dube (NRF) & Mr Xhanti Mhlambiso (Nuffic)
Register here: https://bit.ly/2q8Ye3s (Confirmation will be sent to your email address)
The Call for applications for NRF-Nuffic Doctoral Scholarships will close on 14 May 2018.
The two modalities of doctoral training that will be funded are:
- Full-time doctoral studies at a Dutch HEI, referred to as the single site mode, and;
- Full-time doctoral studies jointly developed and implemented by a Dutch HEI and a Partner University in South Africa, referred to the split-site mode and resulting in a joint degree from the partner institutions.
Who can apply?
- South African citizens and permanent residents.
- Masters graduates or candidates able to present an official document from the university certifying that all requirements for the Master’s degree have been met.
- Candidates intending to pursue full-time doctoral studies.
Visit http://www.nrf.ac.za/content/nrf-nuffic-doctoral-scholarships-2018 for additional information.
Objectives of the Programme:
- Foster sustainable institutional collaboration between South African and Dutch HEIs, contributing to the bilateral research agendas;
- Promote and advance science, research and innovation;
- Contribute towards increasing the number and quality of South African postgraduate students in all areas of (i) Science, (ii) Engineering, (iii) Technology, (iv) the Social Sciences and (v) Humanities; and
- Effect transformation in the percentage representation of postgraduate students from designated groups, namely black, female and persons with disabilities.