The International Relations and Cooperation (IRC), in partnership with the Swedish Foundation for International Cooperation in Research and Higher Education (STINT), have the 2-day kick-off and launching workshop for the 2016 funded joint projects under the Swedish / South Africa Science and Technology Cooperation. The workshop took place on 16-17 March 2017 in Pretoria. The objectives of the workshop were to:
- allow all the ten funded researchers to provide short summaries of the objectives of their projects to the funding agencies and how the bilateral cooperation can create synergies that will assist in achieving the expected outcomes ;
- for funded researchers to elaborate on how the SA/Swedish funding will assist in achieving these objectives;
- understand how the students who are involved in the funded projects intend to utilise this opportunity for their studies;
- for funders to elaborate on their priorities, expectations from researchers, and on how the R&D funding works from both sides in order to eliminate confusion;
- serve as a platform for first project-specific meetings between funded researchers.
STINT is one of the NRF’s established strategic partners in the bilateral funding.