The National Research Foundation (“the NRF”) is a statutory body established in terms of the National Research Foundation Act, No. 23 of 1998
- This e-mail legal notice is enforceable and binding on the recipient / addressee in terms of sections 11(1) to 11(3) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions (“ECT”) Act 25 of 2002.
- This e-mail transmission may contain confidential information, which is the property of the NRF. No person, other than the recipient (so indicated by the sender) may use or disclose the contents of this message, links or attachments hereto, to any person whatsoever. Unauthorized disclosure and/or use may result in civil and criminal liability.
- Under no circumstances shall the NRF or the sender of this e-mail be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, including, without limitation, any loss of profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data on information handling systems or otherwise, even if the NRF or the sender of this e-mail have been expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
- The information in this e-mail or attachments thereto is intended for the attention and use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee/recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of the contents of this e-mail transmission or the taking of any action in reliance thereon or pursuant thereto, is strictly prohibited. Should you have received this e-mail in error, please delete or destroy it and any attachments thereto immediately. At no time may you act on the information contained therein.
- The e-mail address of the sender and of those whose names are set out in the mail may not be used, copied, sold, disclosed or incorporated into any database or mailing list for spamming and/or other marketing practices without the prior consent of the NRF.
- Any agreements concluded with the NRF by using electronic correspondence shall only come into effect once the NRF indicated such contract formation in a follow up or return communication.
- No e-mail correspondence sent to the NRF shall be deemed to have been received until the NRF has responded thereto. An auto-reply shall not constitute such “response” for purposes of this clause.
- No warranties are made or implied that any employee and/contractor of the NRF is authorized to create and send this communication.
- The NRF reserves the right to intercept, filter, view, block, delete, access, copy, read and act upon this e-mail message and all e-mail messages sent as reply messages to the e-mail address of the sender.
- The NRF retains the copyright to all e-mail messages and attachments sent from its communications systems. The recipient / addressee is hereby licensed to open and read the message and / or attachments only - all other rights are reserved unless so indicated by the sender.
- The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message do not necessarily reflect the views and/or opinions of the NRF. If this e-mail message is used for purposes unrelated to the official business of the NRF, the NRF shall not be liable for any damage or loss caused by the contents of this message and the sender shall take full responsibility thereto in his / her personal capacity.
- This e-mail legal notice shall at all times take precedence over any other e-mail disclaimer(s) received by employees or contractors utilizing the communications facilities of the NRF.
Meiring Naude Road
PO Box 2600
HR Corporate Legal Services
Tel: 012 481 4196