Can Waste Tyres be Used to Generate Electricity

The accumulation of waste tyres present an economic and environmental challenge for South Africa – as the population increases so will the economic need for transportation. South Africa generates over 177 385 tons of waste tyres per year, and only around 25% is recycled, the remaining 75 % accumulates in storage depots and landfills across the country. These landfilled tyres can take the better part of a century to decompose naturally; these tyres will last
longer in the environment than we do.

Related Posts